Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Greensboro Snow


Yesterday we had a quite heavy snow in Greensboro, something fairly rare for us in March but not unheard of (it actually snowed here each of the first three Wednesdays of March in 1960). I'm not a really big fan of snow, and I am ready for spring to arrive, but I have to admit it was quite pretty. I went out and shot a few scenes near my home in Grays Chapel, south of Greensboro. Above is an old McCormick-Deering tractor beside a neighbor's barn. Below is a view of our farm pond.


It was a wet snow, so the trees were covered. Below is a willow oak from my front yard. Below that is view of a neighbor's cabin. It's cold today and the weatherman says it's supposed to drop to 12°F tonight (too cold!) but they are expecting it to be in the seventies by the weekend. Go figure.


(images copyright 2009 by Dan Routh)

No comments: