Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Egg and Feathers, Photographs on the Green Table


Today's photographs are from a project I started almost accidentally. We have an old green painted table in our den that sits in front of a large window. The texture of the wood in the tabletop is extraordinary and the natural light that rakes across at different times of day and during different weather conditions is equally wonderful. I have started shooting still-life photographs on the old table, mostly very simple objects, things I find around my home and things that have very special meanings to me personally. I've already posted a couple of images from the project (my Grandpa's knife and my Grandma's thimble). The photographs today are an egg and feathers from our small chicken flock. I will post more in the coming days and weeks. With the business climate and the cold weather keeping me at home more than usual, sometimes you don't need to go far to find subjects.

(Photographs copyright 2010 by Dan Routh)

1 comment:

Devin Cranford Routh said...

You write, "Small chicken flock"? Surely you could find a more accurate descriptor... ;-)