Thursday, August 14, 2008

Motor Racing





One of my weaknesses is cars, especially race cars, and in particular, old race cars. Something about seeing and hearing a 50 year old race machine attack a track at speed sends a thrill down my spine. Not that I aspire to be a Juan Manuel Fangio or Jackie Stewart or even a Richard Petty, but the excitement is there. I travel north from Greensboro from time to time up to Virginia International Raceway where time rolls back. In addition to sanctioned Rolex, SCCA and AMA races, VIR holds it share of vintage events where Ferraris still fight it out with Porsches.

In addition to vintage racing, I have covered many racing events over the years for editorial and advertising assignments. I have shot NASCAR, NHRA, CART, AMA, Rolex GrandAM and ALMS events as well as providing studio and track images for several individual teams.




(images copyright 2008 by Dan Routh)

No comments: