Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Native American Photographs



Technology has had a profound effect on how we approach photography these days. Black and white film required processing and lab work to produce a finished image. Transparency film, which was the mainstay of my commercial work, meant I had to shoot everything as a finished image. Post-processing a slide meant a lot of trouble and expense. Enter the digital photograph. It's still important to shoot things right to begin with, but post-processing allows us to take images in different directions after the fact. Photographs can be revisited and re-processed. These photographs are from a series I shot a while back of dancers at a Native American pow wow in Greeensboro with a little tweeking from the original versions.



(Photographs copyright 2011 by Dan Routh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, a few weeks ago we connected via e-mail. Ever since then I've had your daily blog link on my desktop to check out your Awesome work every day or two. Great recent images of the American Indians. I'm 1/4 Cherokee Indian and it was great to see those images. Anyway,every day or so I look forward to seeing your work. Take care, stay healthy and keep up with sharing your Awesome work!
Clay Begrin