Monday, January 5, 2009

Being a Greensboro Photographer in 2009

(image copyright 2009 by Dan Routh)

The New Years weekend is over and we are now actually starting 2009. I begin the year somewhere between trepidation and cautious optimism. Our local area is not exactly a hotbed of economic activity, but I think now our government and the American public in general realize the scope of the problem, and I hope to see some real activity to find solutions. In the meantime I will try to stay proactive and try to continue to develop myself and my craft, and to provide value for my clients. Like everyone else, I will keep a close eye on my operation, and I will be spending more time working closer to home. North Carolina has a lot to offer as does the Greensboro area, and I plan to put more effort into local documentation. Of course, I am always open to travel and work elsewhere if the need arises. So, for 2009 I'm going to hang on. It might be a wild ride, but I'm sure it will be interesting.

Image above is of the statue of the Greensboro namesake, General Nathaniel Greene at the Guilford Courthouse National Military Park.

No comments: